Saturday, August 14, 2004

Back in the saddle

Miscellany
I discovered something. It's damn hard to write every day. It's much easier to burn out, which is what I came close to doing last week. However with plenty of work in my job to occupy me (and truth be told, that's probably what half my problem was), I've spent a little time getting some balance back in my life, and feel pretty good for the first time in several weeks. Hopefully I won't allow it to get that bad again, but I think most of us can say we're still adjusting to the blogging lifestyle experience. It's not always easy to get a true read on how far you've waded into the water until you start to feel the undertow.

At any rate, tomorrow (actually I suppose I should say, "today," Saturday) I'll be getting back into the conclusion of my Word to My Mothers series. Thanks again for all of the nice comments. And to those of you who participated in my little tell-all quiz, I've really enjoyed reading the responses. And oh yeah, in case you didn't see through my ploy, I'll tell you now, I'm gonna be using those answers you gave in a future post about the personalities of people I've known and grew up with. You guys provided an excellent cross-section that has stuck a chord with me on a number of levels. I'm not sure exactly what I'll do with them, but don't surprised if you see your words in a future entry in this space.

Aww what the hell...
I reluctantly went ahead and took the OKCupid.com personality quiz that Fleece (ever the trend-setter) started early in the week. I was reluctant only in that I was concerned that it appeared to be (and in fact is) almost completely geared and intended for single people, and I didn't want to give the impression that I am anything but happily married, which I certainly am. However I was pleasantly surprised at just how accurate the assessment seems to be, so I decided to post it.

The Slow DancerDeliberate Gentle Love Dreamer (DGLDm)
Steady, reliable, and cradling her tenderly. Take a deep breath, and let it out real easy...you are The Slow Dancer.

Your focus is love, not sex, and for your age, you have average experience. But you're a great, thoughtful guy, and your love life improves every year. There's also a powerful elimination process working in your favor: most Playboy types get stuck raising unwanted kids before you even begin settling down. The women left over will be hot and yours. Your ideal woman is someone intimate, intelligent, and very supportive.

While you're not exactly the life of the party, you do thrive in small groups of smart people. Your circle of friends is extra tight and it's HIGHLY likely they're just like you. You appreciate symmetry in relationships.

Your exact opposite: The Hornivore/Random Brutal Sex Master

ALWAYS AVOID: The Battleaxe
CONSIDER: The Maid of Honor or The Sonnet

So I guess these profile tests aren't all a crock afterall...

And, oh yeah...
Another Fleece project from a few weeks ago that I never got around to posting — that self-portrate Avitar-thingy that everyone was doing. Sorry...I couldn't get the mouth right...I had to cheat. So sue me. *LOL*

I am such a sheep...

Have a great weekend all!
blog comments powered by Disqus