Thursday, June 10, 2004

Out of the Blue (Prologue)

Okay, here it is — finally. It’s funny how this story has grown in my own mind from a review of what was essentially my first large-venue “date” concert, to the huge, addressing-my-demons, emotionally-defining, tell-all melodrama that I’ve somehow reconstructed it in my mind to be. This is another long story, and I'll be breaking it up into several parts à la Tractors. This will be an extremely cathartic exercise for me. Hopefully you'll find it more interesting than tedious.

Its going to be a tough one if I choose to do it right; if I choose to do it honestly; if I ignore the strong urge to change the names and events to protect the innocent (which I will still do, at least in part). Boys and girls, if you really wanna figure out who I am, this story may include the easiest clues to figure it all out. However if I really cared about my hiding my identity, I suppose it would have been a good idea to leave my photo off my freaking blog profile, huh?

So why the reluctance? Why even tease myself with the notion of talking about something that’s obviously hard for me to put into words. Well I guess that's the reason I’m doing this blog in the first place: to work out things that have been simmering in my head for years. To put in an orderly fashion, stories that continually run pell-mell through this borderline-ADD melon ‘o mine. And this story has been swimming ‘round in my head like a proverbial shark in the kiddie pool for years. So here goes.


Next: Gymnastics
blog comments powered by Disqus