Sunday, June 06, 2004

Watch out for Tractors (Prologue)

As my wife will quickly volunteer about me, I’m not much of a multi-tasker, and at this point in my life I don’t particularly mind admitting it. I’ve discovered that by the time you hit 40, you pretty much are who you are; your bad points are pretty much ingrained at that point, although at times you can still manage to rise above them if you try.

Specifically, one of my bad points is a difficulty concentrating on more than one project at a time. A week later, I’m STILL been trying to sit down and write about that darned ELO “date concert” and the girl I took to the show. I do want to talk about the experience because it was a pretty special event among concerts I’ve attended. But more than that, what I really want to talk about is that particular girl and the brief, but important role she played in my life, leading up to my discovering the woman who would become my life partner of now 25 years and counting.

However, current events in my life seem to keep commanding more of my immediate attention and interest, so once again I’m gonna give in to the urge to let another task slide and talk about what happened this past Friday and Saturday instead. ELO will have to wait once again.

Oh, and did I mention that another benefit of getting older is that it seems to get a lot easier to rationalize the stuff you previously spent a lot of time beating yourself up over...oh well… :)

But just a word of caution: you may want to pack a lunch. She’s a long ‘un.


Next: “Hi. My name is AJ, and I’ve got a problem with prejudice.”
blog comments powered by Disqus