Thursday, July 29, 2004

A Break in the Action

Riddle me this Batman...
What do you get when you take an already tired birthday blogger, add a wonderful Italian Restaurant dinner, fold in liberal amounts of wine and 6-8 bites of a HUGE piece of chocolate fudge cake?

Eight hours of sleep and no blog written.

I had a wonderful birthday yesterday, guys, and you were all a big part of it. However unfortunately I did not get the next segment in my current series written last night. I just sacked out after a long day and a big dinner. However it's all pretty much on the tip of my tongue, so hopefully I'll be able to spit it out today on my lunch break.

Oh and by the way, if you're wondering what I got, Michelle bought me a wonderful little antique Hawkeye camera to add to my small, but growing collection of vintage cameras, and my son Shawn got me the only thing that I had asked for, Tom Brokaw's book, The Greatest Generation. This is a book that I've been dying to read and will definitely be blogging about in the future. I am in complete agreement with Brokaw's assessment that my parent's generation is deserving of such a mantle, and I can't wait to see what kind of tribute he gives to them.

Have a great day everyone! I'll have the next chapter in the series (and my favorite of the three stories) up before the day is done.
blog comments powered by Disqus