Saturday, July 17, 2004

Shallow Thoughts
by AJ in Nashville

Here’s a subject coming to a Seinfeld monologue near you:
What is the deal with these guys talking on their cell phones in the john? This disturbing trend is becoming an increasingly common phenomenon at my place of employment. Do these guys think they’re actually having a private conversation, or just a conversation with their privates? If I’m in the stall next to one of these Einsteins, I always make it a point to give at ‘em least a couple courtesy flushes just to make sure that the party on the other end of the line knows where they’re “office” is located.

Now I can understand it if you’re sitting there and your cell phone rings. Most people are gonna answer it. But to continue on and grunt through a conversation while answering a different type of call at the same time, well I think that’s just a little bit much. Couldn’t they just tell ‘em “Hey, I’m a little backed up at the moment, can I call you later?”

And if answering a call in the john isn’t bad enough, I’ve actually been sitting there in the next stall when I’ve heard guys actually making a call! Unbelievable!

Does this only happen at my company? Do women do this too? Inquiring minds want to know…

Okay, enough of the toilet humor…[cue the rimshot, please…]

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
blog comments powered by Disqus