Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Back to Reality

Whirlwind week
Well folks, I'm back from vacation and I have to say that I've never had a better time. I'm back at work this morning with a ton of backlog staring at me, so this will be my only blog entry until tonight.

But allow me to say thanks for all the well wishes and comments you all left while I was gone. I was able to check my blog a few times, but not as much as I would have liked. Santa Claus is definitely getting the laptop memo this season.

I wanted to thank Michael for the very complimentary post he made yesterday about our little dinner confab on Friday night. As I indicated in my brief post the following day, I'll be writing more about my impressions of him, probably tomorrow.

And also allow me to congratulate Gooch on the birth of his new bouncing baby boy! His new son is exactly the same birth weight as mine was. Gotta love those babies! Hope all is well with Mother and child, Goochmeister! I was disappointed that he couldn't join Michael and me, but I know that he's a mile high right now with the pride of bringing such a precious creation into the world. And yes Gooch, there will be another opportunity for us to meet. I've decided this was the first in an ongoing series of trips to SoCal that I will be making. More on that later as well.

The story engine will be getting cranked up in earnest within a couple of days. There's lots to talk about, so stay tuned.
blog comments powered by Disqus