Saturday, August 28, 2004

Make Mine Italian

Hello all, greetings from sunny SoCal. I'm staying here in Long Beach with an old college buddy, and I've had a phenomenal week so far. Tonight is my high school reunion and I'm sure it will be one of the highlights of what has already been a totally enjoyable trip back to my ol' stompin' grounds.

As most everyone already knows, I had dinner last night with His Honor the Mayor of Blogsville, Michael. We had a fantastic time enjoying Italian food and getting to know each other as we talked about our wonderful little blogging community. I will certainly be writing a lot about our meeting next week, as well as the rest of my vacation experiences here.

I also had an unforgettable two days spent with my Dad, who absolutely loved the blog stories I wrote about him and my Mom(s), which I had printed out and hand-carried to him. He said he was anxious to read more, which makes me very happy indeed. I've decided that I have to make more of an effort to come out and see him. It scares the hell out of me to think that each time I say goodbye, it may be for the last time.

Well I've gotta make this one a shorty. Gotta go grab some lunch with my friend and then start psyching myself up for tonight. Damn. I just realized I left my Botox at home. Oh well...

Seeya guys...
blog comments powered by Disqus