Sunday, August 15, 2004

Busy Weekend

Too busy to blog
Well they say that the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry...Hmmm...but now that I think of it, I really don't know who "they" are. Oh well. What it means is that too often what we plan to do doesn't jive with what actually ends up happening. I knew this was going to be a busy weekend, and it has been both busy and beautiful. The bottom line is, I've had little to no chance to sit down and write.

I've been desperately trying to get ready for my upcoming six-day getaway to SoCal for my 30th High School Reunion at the end of the month. Yeah, I said three-oh. I can't believe it either. Anyway, I'll be six days of fun and catching up with friends and taking my Dad to an Angels game. I can't wait! However these last two weeks are gonna be hell...HELL I tellya.

Yesterday I went into the office for six hours and next week it'll probably be at least 12. Oh well that's what I get for being indispensable.

Now we've got a lunch and bowling engagement to go to that I also forgot about. Michelle and I are getting together with two other people I work with and their spouses. It'll be fun, that is if I can keep from embarrassing myself too badly on the lanes. I'm the world's worse excuse for a male bowler. No biggie. My self-image is secure. Somehow when you really suck at something, and you know you suck at it, it makes the inevitability of it all a little easier to swallow.

Hopefully I'll be able to get back into my blog series tonight.

Later all...

***Update***
I am happy to say that the margaritas were tasty and I did indeed have a good time. At least I beat my wife.

In bowling.

I...I suck.

But I'm a real good sport... :)
blog comments powered by Disqus